Friday, July 15, 2011

Nana's turn for a visit June 11-18, 2011

YAY!!! The kids were so excited to have their Nana visit them for a week. She was so excited too, because it had been the first vacation she had taken in several years! We showed her how to crab. We went to the pool and the kids showed her how to fish. It was a very relaxing week. We made some really special memories, and I know she was sad to have to leave at the end of the week. One of the things that impressed me the most was my mom's willingness to do basically anything the kids wanted to do. She is such a wonderful grandmother to them. Despite the fact that she has had a hip replacement, she rode a very far way on her bike just because Maddie wanted her to! I know she was so sore later, but I think she would do it again in a minute! Here are a few pictures from her visit.

3 comments:

The Three Of Us said...

What a great Nana! I love Cecelia! (by the way...my mom just had hip replacement surgery too 2months ago):o)

MADDIE said...

Does that mean we will need a hip replacement sometime in our future?

MADDIE said...

Maddie has a blog too that is linked to mine, but this is Christy....not Maddie! :)

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast