Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bittersweet days!!




These girls right here are the most beautiful and amazing girls in the world!! Ofcourse, I can say that because I am their lucky mom. I have been on quite an emotional roller coaster the past few weeks. I knew this year was going to be a hard one. Brittany just finished her 8th grade year and Maddie just graduated from preschool!! That means that in the fall Brittany will start highschool and Maddie will start kindergarten. I am already a nervous wreck about this. I am especially nervous about my "baby" starting highschool. Great---now I am getting all teary-eyed and emotional typing this. Please join me in prayer for them!!
Dear Heavenly Father,
I want to thank you for "loaning" me these beautiful girls!! You have blessed me beyond my imagination. Father, it is my prayer tonight that as they enter this next phase of their lives, that they will come to know you even more--that Britt will cry out to you when she is faced with new struggles and temptations as a highschooler--that Britt will proclaim Your Precious Name to others--that she will continue to pursue a life that is not of this world--that she will continue to live a life that worships you! Lord, please protect my sweet Maddie going to kindergarten! It seems like just yesterday, after having a hard time getting pregnant, I was pleading with you to let me have another baby. Thank you for answering my prayer two more times!! Protect her from the evil things of this world. Father, help her know you and help me teach her about you. I know that I have to trust you Lord, but I am anxious tonight. I am anxious about sending my girls off in the fall. Let this summer be a special one. Help us to grow even closer to you and to each other!! I love you Lord!!
In your precious name...

2 comments:

Kristie said...

They ARE beautiful girls!! Know that I join you in prayer for them both as they face these new horizons. You're a wonderful mom, and that's going to help them in ways they won't even recognize.

I love you!
Kris

The Shingletons said...

It is so hard as they start each new phase. God has blessed you with an amazing family! I am thankful to you for being the mom that you are because it has helped Brittany become the wonderful friend she is to Maci. You're doing a great job! I'll be praying for you all!

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast