Friday, July 13, 2007

Off to Virginia

Tomorrow we leave for Virginia for two weeks! I have five other brothers and sisters there, so it is always a good time for us. Jeff took his vacation this year to go to camp with church, so he can't go! However, I do like it when we are apart sometimes, because we are always kind of like newlyweds when we reunite! I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder!

We will be spending one week at my dad's house in Fredericksburg, and then we will spend the next week in Williamsburg. We are going to Busch Gardens and also will probably tour some of the historic sites and colonial homes. The kids are so excited about going to Busch Gardens. I have to admit while I do love doing the roller coasters, I am probably a little more excited about doing the historic sites this year. Since I just finished my History class, I have a new appreciation for this sort of stuff.

Now this is kind of the crazy part--we will come home from Virginia around July 28, and then I am thinking about going with ALL of Jeff's family to Destin, FL. I will probably only be home for one day before we leave again. This trip to Florida will probably just be me and the two little ones. Brittany is already going to Six Flags with church and didn't want to miss that. Jeff will stay home with her. I know I am probably really crazy for doing this, but it is all for the kids. OKAY--I am lying--it is also because I want to get really tan!!!!!:):):):):) Don't worry I know Jeff is getting left out again, but he is glad to be left out of this one--he really hates the beach!!He works in the heat everyday of the summer, so it is not appealing to him at all to go and sit in the heat all day.

So, pray for us to have safe travel!! We will miss all of you!! I will post some pictures when we return!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Praying for a safe and wonderful trip! Hope you have lots of fun. Can't wait to see pictures! Love you!

Kelly said...

Have fun! My only trip to Williamsburg was in 8th grade so I would probably have a lot more appreciation now!

The Shingletons said...

Poor Jeff!! We passed in the car yesterday and I stopped to tell him I had heard he was bored out of his mind!! He looks so lonely! Poor Baby. I guess Brit had told Maci she could go down and keep him company.
I hope you're having a great time. We miss you around here. Maci may be as lonely as Jeff!! Neither one of them do well without the Smith crew! Looking forward to seeing your vacationed and tanned self. Love you, Shawnah

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast