Monday, July 30, 2007

We are at the beach!

We arrived at Santa Rosa Beach yesterday and have been having lots of fun. The last few days have been a little hectic. I arrived home from Virginia on Friday, packed my stuff and did all of my school work on Saturday, and left for Florida on Sunday!!!! CRAZY--but fun. Jeff is coming down on Wednesday. He had to stay home with Brittany for the first part of this week, because she was going to Six Flags with church on Tuesday. I am ready for him to be here. I only got to see him for about 24 hours before we had to leave again.

Gosh there is so much I could post about I really don't know where to begin. I guess the hardest part of our traveling ventures this summer has been trying to get my school work done. I am finishing up my online classes that I was taking this summer. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be getting my work done while on vacation. The hardest part was trying to concentrate with so many things going on around me. Luckily, I have managed to get it all done, but I am not sure if I would do this again while traveling. Maybe I would, because it has enabled me to get my credit hours for school while vacationing with family. It just has not always been an easy task.

The kids have been having a blast this summer. I have missed Jeff so much, but am thankful he is such a sweet husband that lets me go and spend time with my family. It is so important to us that our children grow up close with all of their family. I want them to have good memories of growing up. I think my best memories of my childhood were my different vacations I took with my family. Also, I have really enjoyed the time I have had with the kids this summer. I know in a few weeks our life is going to change alot. Maddie starts school, Brittany starts highschool, Radlee starts 2 different Mother's day outs 4 days a week, and I start TSU and plan on adding more classes than I have previously taken. Jeff will still work lots of hours to provide for all of us---He is the greatest guy in the world and I am so in love with him. Can't you tell that we have been apart a lot lately???:):)

Well I had better go. I am at the library getting my school work done and have to leave to get back to the kids at the beach soon! I love all of you and have missed you this summer!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow! You have had one busy summer! So proud of how you are managing it all. It is definitely not an easy thing to run a family and go to school....and then adding in all the travel....WOW!

It's good to hear what you are up to. I never see you anymore! But then we've been in and out a lot during the summer, too. Something in me looks forward to the routine of school...even though I LOVE SUMMER!

Speaking of the beach....we'll be headed down that way in 2 more days! YAY!

Tina said...

I feel like I haven't seen you in forever... and now I know why... how fun catching up on all your guys have been doing this summer.

Sad that it's come to an end, but the up side is we will see all the people we have missed for the last few months.

The Shingletons said...

It was great seeing you for the short drive to Brentwood the other day. Once we get into the routine of a new school year, we'll have to get together for lunch or breakfast! I know you are gone again for the funeral, but will see you when you get home! Love you,Shawnah

Kristie said...

Hello? Alright now, if this blog is going to be the only way I get to find out what's up with you, ya gotta update it! Haha! Hope you're all doing good, school has started well, and all that! Miss you!

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast