Saturday, April 14, 2007

What is really important????

I am at a loss of words to express my feelings about the loss of a girl in our youth group yesterday. Rachel was a sixth grade student who died yesterday from cancer. I never had the chance to meet her, but she still has touched our lives. I can't imagine what her mother is going through.

Last night, Brittany asked me to take her to a play tonight. My first thought was no--I really just want to spend my Saturday night at home relaxing. Then I thought to myself I bet Rachel's mother just wished she had the chance today to take Rachel to a play. Why does it take someone losing their life for me to get it??? Why am I continually so selfish that watching tv is more important sometimes than spending time with my children??? I didn't know Rachel, but she will live on even in our home as a constant reminder of what is really important in this life hear on earth.

No comments:

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast