Friday, December 26, 2008

Finally an update!

Sorry for the lack of updating lately. We have been pretty busy, but I have started to write a few posts and then never finished them. I am not sure why, but my mind has been all over the place since I finished this last semester. I have lots of tasks looming before me to get all of my application information submitted for the hygiene program, so that is consuming me. Jeff hasn't been working very much because of the lack of work and bad weather, so that has been adding a little stress. Also, I might have a job possibility that I am very excited about, but I will save that for another post since I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch! :) My head is spinning in so many different directions that it is hard for me to even sit and write anything....but most of you already know it doesn't take much to overwhelm me! :)

Christmas was a lot of fun this year. We tried really hard to simplify. Financially, we were forced to simplify. One of the most memorable times this year was on Christmas morning, we created several clues that the kids had to answer in order to find their present. Britt helped with this since she is older. The final clue (which was in the ice maker) led Maddie and Radlee down to the garage to find their trampoline. (it was in the garage because Jeff had to work on it in there because of all of the rain) Oh and don't worry...it has the big net around it. I think Maddie had more fun reading all of the clues than actually getting the trampoline, so we will definitely do some more stuff like that in the future. Another great surprise was for Brittany. We got her a new cell phone, and had her phone activated on Christmas Eve. She had no idea why her current phone wasn't working! She was so frustrated, which I did sort of feel bad about, but I just told her we would have to go the day after Christmas and check on getting her phone fixed. On Christmas morning, after all of the kids opened their gifts, Jeff secretly called the phone and it started ringing from a gift bag under the tree. (I saw this on a commercial and decided to try it) I think she still had no idea what was going on, but was pretty excited to find it. I am not sure whether she was thrilled to have a new phone, or thrilled to just have a phone back. Radlee changed his mind on Christmas Eve about what he wanted from Santa, and was telling everyone Santa was bringing him a remote control helicopter. This was news to Mr. and Mrs. Claus, so they had to go and visit their elves at the toy store (also known as Target) and pick up his only requested item!

Mimi and Grandaddy came over on Christmas Eve and then my mom and sister came over on Christmas day. We had a really good time. I really enjoy having everyone come to our house. We have started a tradition the past few years of having brunch at our house on Christmas morning. It is always so yummy! Of course I always love spending time with everyone, but also wish I could see all of our family in KY and VA. :(

I will probably post some pictures later!

3 comments:

AshleyMK said...

It was so much fun on Christmas if wish it did not have to end so soon. Brunch was really good. I am glad that one of us can cook because if we had come to my house it would have been frozen waffles and donuts. :) Thanks for everything!

Angie said...

What a good mom, wife, friend, sister, daughter, etc. you are to everyone....really!

Much love to you.

Jeanne said...

Great idea about the clues!!!!

And the trampoline will be a hit. It is the only present we've ever gotten the boys that they have consistently enjoyed for years later. They play on it as much now as they did 5 years ago.

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast