Monday, December 15, 2008

Strep invasion!



Somehow these little bacteria invaded our body over the past weekend. Radlee was the first to wake up sick on Friday morning, Maddie went on Friday afternon, followed by Jeff on Friday night, and I started feeling horrible yesterday. We all have been sick with strep. After Radlee was diagnosed on Friday morning, we took Maddie to get tested at the minute clinic on Friday afternoon. The np said she probably had it too, but she definitely had a sinus infection, so she just went ahead and treated her. Jeff went to the minute clinic yesterday and tested + for strep too.....he hasn't had strep since he was a little boy! I just decided to diagnose myself, and start taking some antibiotics we already had here at the house. (Yeah...i know that is not the best idea, but I am sure I probably had the same thing) Britt is the only one who hasn't had it in our house, and hopefully she won't. Thank goodness she didn't because she had to help take care of the kids yesterday afternoon. Yesterday morning, Maddie fed her and Radlee breakfast and lunch while Britt was at church. Maddie fixed them cocoa puffs and COKE for breakfast, and cheeze whiz and crackers for lunch. I bet she enjoyed the opportunity to eat whatever she wanted!!! :) We are starting to feel much better now. I guess it is just that time of year!

7 comments:

Jill said...

Yuck! I hate being sick. Hope you're all feeling better soon.

Angie said...

I'm SO sorry that you all have been sick. It makes my heart sad :-(....love you all.

Angie said...

Did you notice how your microscopic strep bacteria looks like a little head man with long arms and legs?? You probably have noticed since you think so much like me (or I think so much like you)whichever?!? He's doing a little "strep" dance to Amy Grant's Tennessee Christmas...HA!

Angie said...

OH...and the little head strep man is also wearing a neckbrace.....

:-)

The Three Of Us said...

oh my goodness...it is that time of year.....sounds like Maddy is quite the little helper!!

The Three Of Us said...

I mean Maddie...

MADDIE said...

Angie, I actually didn't notice that, but now I see it! Too funny...maybe they did run around and jump on us! ewww :)

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast