Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Off to Virginia

I love making spur of the moment decisions, but I don't normally make big ones like this. Today my sister called and we were talking about when the next time I would be able to go to Virginia to visit our dad and family. I was suppose to go next week, but I got the job I was talking about in a previous post, so now I will be orientating next week. She said we could go tomorrow, because she is off for the next six days. I said...sure let's go! I called the family and they were happy to have us come this weekend (well at least they pretended to be happy that we were all coming in one day's notice). We are headed out at 7am in the morning. I am anxiously excited. I have lots to do to get ready, so that is a little overwhelming! I am also leaving Radlee and Jeff at home, so I feel sad about that. Radlee has had pneumonia, so he is going to stay at home with daddy.....he is doing better now though. He also probably wouldn't do very well with such a short few days there and long drive. I would have to say that this tops all of the fly by the seat of my pants decisions I have made. Can you believe this was actually Ashley's idea? I don't think she was expecting me to say yes!!! I guess I surprised her. :) We don't get to see them very much, so I jump on any opportunity to visit them!

Ok....I know you are dying to know about this job situation. ha ha I like to fool myself into believing there are tons of readers just dying to know what I am up to!!! I am going to start working in the emergency room at a local hospital. I will be working as a secretary/tech. They are going to train me to be a tech, so I can work either position. I am sooooooooo excited. My cousin works there, so she was such a big help in getting me this position!!! Thank you Stacy! It will be such a great opportunity to gain so much more knowledge about the medical field in general. I was telling a friend today that normally I pay my school to learn this type of stuff, but now I am going to get paid to learn. I am fascinated with the medical field in general, and I am sure working in the ER will be so exciting. I am nervous, but I know that once I get over the initial "new & unfamiliar", it will be great. Jeff's business has been pretty slow lately, so the extra money will also be great. I was able to combine all of my classes on Tues/Thurs this upcoming semester, so I have a little more free time. I hope to mainly work the night shift, so I won't miss out on the kid's activities! This may sound dorky to most, but I think one of the things I am the most excited about is wearing scrubs. :) I know I am a dork.

Well I am off to pack and do about 10 loads of laundry...I may not be going to bed at all tonight. Oh well, I guess it will be some practice getting me ready to work the night shift!!

Pray for our safe travels and for Radlee to continue to get over his sickness!!

7 comments:

Thoroughbreds Swim Team said...

It will be great having you working with us.o1212

Thoroughbreds Swim Team said...

It will be great having you working with us.

Thoroughbreds Swim Team said...

It will be great having you working with us.

MADDIE said...

Thanks Yolanda! I am really excited. I didn't know if you knew...I tried calling you one day, but didn't leave a message!! :)

The Zehrs said...

Great news about your job! You'll look great in scrubs! I hope you got your laundry done and have a great trip!

The Three Of Us said...

Congrats! Good for you! Sounds like a nice position...and a good fit for you..(i dont mean the scrubs)...love ya! be careful on your drive!! Hope the "boy" feels better!

Angie said...

I don't know if you are checking your blog while you are gone, but wanted to say Hi and Love you and hope Rad is better and call me...is that enough???? :-)

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast