Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Making the grade....

I have started anticipating the amount of time I will spend studying during my upcoming semester. This semester will certainly be the most demanding since I re-entered college almost two years ago; however, I yearn for the opportunity to demonstrate my ability to achieve my desired goals. As each semester begins, Jeff and I both see the reality of our long-term dreams coming an actuality. Obedience, consistency, and faithfulness have been the most important ingredients in determining how successful I have been and will be during my collegiate years. Forgive my boastfulness, but after 34 hours completed, I am proud of having maintained a 4.0......well except for that one B.....gosh darn it!

Maintaining a high GPA has not been easy. It has demanded many hours of studying and required complete devotion from Jeff and the kids. Our entire family has made sacrifices. Someday, we can only hope all of our efforts will grant us the ability to fulfill a vision Jeff and I set our eyes upon a few years ago. (I'll share that dream in another post)

Lately, I have started wondering why I put so much effort into school, yet I often fail miserably at pursuing my relationship with Christ. I use the term relationship, yet my efforts are often non-existent. God tells us in Hebrews, "I will never leave you nor forsake you". I am so thankful that regardless of how many times I goof up, He will always be right there........ready to forgive me and pick me back up.

Many times I have passed tests at school, yet time and time again I fail the same test I have been previously tested on the day before. So, what is the problem???? Ephesians 6:13 says, "Use every piece of God's armor to resist the enemy in the time of evil, so that after the battle you will still be standing firm." nlt Once again, it is all about obedience and consistency.

Some of you may be wondering......goodness, what has Christy done???? It is not some kind of LARGE sin.......as if there are differences in the levels of sin. No, I am just tired of always putting God on the back burner and then bringing Him back out when it is convenient for me!! Often, this begins with simple task......like having a quiet time or praying with the kids before bed......then it trickles over to other things in life like finances!

Yes, I am fully aware that ALL sin and fall short of the glory of God; however, I am ready to start passing these small tests. Remaining stagnant in my walk with Christ can be no more. Luke 16:10 says, "he who is faithful in least is also faithful in must; and he who is unjust in least is also unjust in much." Simply put, I am proclaiming for all to see I am ready to show God my obedience in little things and hopefully this will lead to my faithfulness in greater things!!!!!

When I started blogging again, I decided to keep it real.......Perhaps I will fall flat on my face again for all to see, but just maybe...........this will be the time I start to get it.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

YAY! I'm SO glad you are back in the blogging world! I went over to wordpress and read all of the posts there too.

I'm glad the puppies are doing better. I wish I had read that right at that time as I could have really encouraged you with the Giardia thing. We've all had it here, and it really is NOT that bad. The meds you take for it start to work almost IMMEDIATELY and it is all cleared up within a few days. It's nasty smelling and just plain nasty to have diarreah to begin with, but it really is not too bad. :)

LOVE you tons and really miss you. So glad I can keep up with you again!

MADDIE said...

Tiff,

It is so good to hear from you. I always read your blog and think of you very often. Yeah....I wish I could of talked to you about the pups when they were sick....you are right....it actually wasn't that bad. I just freaked as usual.....some things never change!:)

Tina said...

I say keep it real... and I ADMIRE you for going back to school and reaching for your dreams!
You go, girl!

Melissa said...

I love you especially when you show your true heart without holding back! I am so thankful that we are friends and that we will always have fun learning and growing together! Hugs!

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast