Friday, September 19, 2008

A little reverse psychology




It has been one of those weeks that I just want to throw in the towel and say I just can't do this....well actually I did tell Jeff yesterday I can't do this....but that was just one of those moments!! Those of you that know me well are aware that I do not handle a lot of stuff on my plate very well. I tend to get overwhelmed pretty easily, and this semester is pushing me to my limit. I wish I was one of those people that was able to just multi-task several things at once, but I am not. I do well to handle three children and a home as it is, but add in taking the kids all over the place to swimming, preschool, school, guitar practice (well not this week....thanks Jared), homework....you get the point....and then my own homework for three pretty difficult classes, and I might just fall off of the cliff I am close to on an average day. I need to find better coping mechanisms. I don't want to become the Pillsbury Dough Girl from eating to handle stress, or a "wino" from having a glass of wine after a hard day....(yep I said it for all to see...I do like to have a glass of wine occasionally) I have thought about taking up smoking for a little while....that could possibly relieve some stress right? My step-mom would kill me if I did that!!!! I could do what I am suppose to and start EVERYDAY with quiet time!! I know when I do that faithfully, my stress level decreases dramatically! I have tried listening to some classical music while traveling in the car and that does seem to work well. Today, I am going to try some reverse Psychology on myself and post 5 reasons why I love being in college!!

1. I love walking around on campus in the morning while there are hardly any other students here. I love feel of a big campus with all of the really pretty historic buildings. TSU is actually a beautiful campus!

2. I love to eat the yummy meat and three lunches served at the Avon Williams Campus....I have to be careful with this one...comfort food + Christy = Pillsbury Dough Girl

3. I love interaction with all different types of people. I love learning others views on different issues and pondering on them. I know I am a dork!

4. I love the reward you get after studying for many hours in a subject and then receiving a good grade.

5. hmmm.....I am running out of things I love......oh, I love my children being able to see me work really hard for something and see that All Things are Possible with Christ in your life!

Ok......that did actually make me feel a little better. I am off to studying again...big A/P lab test today!!! Sorry, I talk about school so much right now, but that is just where I am at in my life.

7 comments:

AshleyMK said...

I hope your test went good today. School is a never ending sinking feeling until you graduate. I remember studying all the time, and still thinking I need to study more. There also were times when I studied my butt off and still did bad on a test. I hurt people's feelings because they did not understand what I was going through and wanted me to help them when I could barley help myself. Hang in there. I know it is tough, but if anyone can do it you can

Melissa said...

I love you and I love your sister. How neat that the Lord has given you two this to truly understand each other. I can not fathom how you feel. I love you and I am so thankful that I get to be one of the many who gets to help you out. I love that you are being so positive! You encouraged me today, thank you my friend.

Cassie said...

You are doing a great job of juggling school, and family. Just think of the great example you are setting for your kids! You are teaching that with the love and support of family and friends you can work hard to accomplish your goals. You know we love you and will do anything to help you out!!!! You are an awesome mom and wife!!!!! I know they appreciate(does this thing have spell check?) everything you do for them!!!!!

Mandi said...

Hang in there sister, this semester will be over before you know it. And any time you need someone to come over and have a glass of wine with ya just let me know, I will be there, only for support ya know lol. Just keep thinking about how good it will feel when you are done, and making all the money.

The Three Of Us said...

I know. I understand. It seems never ending...it truly aches my heart...when your at school you want to be at home...You are on the right path...you've always been on the right path...you are so strong...I would of never finished school without the help of my Mom, Sister and Church family...I love your list...very positive...
...and Christy, you are already multi-tasking sweetheart! It's very plain to see from the outside looking in...I love you to death!! Keep smiling...

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Christy...hope your day is GREAT!

Love you.
Ang

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Bday wishes to you!! I am glad that your family poured out some blessings on you (and that you let them!) Girl, you are an example to us all! It's not just your kids who are learning from you!
One day at a time...and if you ever need someone to share a glass of wine with....you know where to find me! :)

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast