Friday, September 5, 2008

New School Year



Hmmmm.....where do I start? These past few weeks have been challenging to say the least. Most of you know that I have been back in school for almost 2 years now. I started off slow and have slowly worked my way up to 12 hours this semester. I spent one year at Motlow and attending the Avon Williams Campus TSU last year. This is my first semester on the main campus, and I admit it is pushing me to my mental limit!

The first day at the main campus was probably one of the most intimidating days of my life. Besides the fact that I almost peed my pants after sitting in traffic for 2 hours and had to resort to stopping at the most disgusting gas station bathroom I have ever stepped into (it was on 28Th avenue), I was literally scared to death as I walked around campus. My skin felt a little whiter, my shoes squeaked a little louder, and my gray hairs seemed to sprout instantaneously with each step. (I don't mean the skin comment as a racist one in anyway....I just really wanted to blend in) I walked with my head down to the ground, and just prayed God would help me get to my classes.

First class.....chemistry!!! Chemistry has been my greatest fear since returning to college...well other than speech ( I am dreading that class also) I am sure I will spend lots of time in the tutoring center! My next class was Anatomy and Physiology 2, which I think will be simple enough if I can keep my eyes open through his lecture. The instructor is very old and talks in the same monotone voice through the entire 1hour 1/2 lecture. He sounds like the guy on the visine commercial.....for clear eyes....I think his name is Ben Stein?!? Finally, my last class was Microbiology, which is one class I have really been looking forward to. I get in class about 1 minute late and the instructor has already begun. I sat in the back so I wouldn't distract anyone else, but quickly realized this was going to be a problem. The teacher's name is Mr. Abdullah (not sure where he is from, but he had a pretty intense accent). That is o.k. right, I can just write down what he is saying off the board........we'll not if you can't see the board from where you are sitting because you have horrible vision and left your glasses at home!

Brittany often says, "mom, you aren't one of those dorks who sits in the center of the front row and writes down every word the teacher says?"....Britt would be mortified.... I am a Officially a GEEK! I have my squeaky tennis shoes on, my "lovely" rolling backpack, and from now on I am sitting in the center of the front row!

No comments:

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast