Monday, September 8, 2008

Renewing the Mind, Body, and Soul

This weekend was an amazing weekend. It was one of those weekends I just wanted to freeze in time. I wasn't ready for it to end; however, I feel ready to tackle the world this week because all of my "tanks" are full!

Soul....


Church was amazing Sunday. We started the Purpose Driven Life series again. We did it once before about 5-6 years ago ( I think that is how long it has been) I loved it the first time and know our church and family will benefit from going through it again. We were also blessed to bring our "new" friends with us to church. I say "new", but Jeff and I went to high school with one of them several years ago...(we won't say how many years) One of the things that Pat said and often says is that God puts you wherever you are for a plan and purpose. I love how God works in unique ways to bring people back into your circle several years later to live life with one another! (Brandon and Cassie....we love you guys!)

Body...


We finished off our weekend with a super healthy dinner.....mahi mahi, salad, steamed green beans....and made the decision to try hard to eat healthy this week. Today, I started off my morning with Odwalla super food drink....I love it....it doesn't look that yummy, but it really is! We also have been taking sub lingual vitamin B 12 for the past week. It is equivalent to taking vitamin B injections and gives you amazing energy. Last week, I was dependant upon lots of coffee, coke, energy drinks, and I really want to start relying on the natural resources God gives us to sharpen my mind and give me the energy to be the mom He wants me to be!! (O.k.....i did have one cup of coffee on the way to school....but God did create the coffee bean for us to enjoy) :)






Mind and Soul.... We had great family time this weekend. I am so thankful for the times I have one on one interaction with my kiddos. Before church, Maddie and I sat outside on the deck and had breakfast together. We enjoyed watching the birds and squirrels and enjoyed chatting with each other. Later, Radlee and I went to the store together. I think we talked the entire time we were shopping. I love his sweet little personality...especially when it is just us by ourselves. Then, the night was finished with me and Britt sitting outside with the lights on, candles and tiki torches lit, music playing and sipping some sleepy time tea!! She is such an amazing girl.....she is so unlike most teenagers. I am so blessed how she really values my thoughts and really wants to know my opinion on everything!!! ( oh no...I am starting to cry....a few days ago I was sitting in the TSU library looking at....see previous post....and now I am crying as I type....I bet people think I am a fruitcake) Also, Jeff and I were just on the same page this weekend. I love him....love love love....are you wanting to vomit???

Anyway, sometimes in the midst of chaos, weekends seldom go this well. We need to make sure it is like this more often! Have a good week! Get some sub lingual vitamin B 12....it works!!!! I am off to use some of this energy to study before I crash!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love ya'll. Thank you for modeling how a loving family spends quality time together. I love it. Thank you for being my friend.

The Shingletons said...

Where do I get sublingual vitamin B12? I need energy! Loved your post! You have a sweet family!

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast