Monday, November 24, 2008

I am thankful!

Most of you know if you have read my recent posts that I have been extremely anxious for Brittany to start driving. Well yesterday my fear of her being in an accident became a reality. Basically on her way to her nana's house yesterday, she was rear ended. She suffered a pretty good knock her forehead, which caused her to briefly be knocked unconcious. She was taken to the hospital via ambulance, but later released. Thankfully, the other driver was not injured. Needless to say, it was a pretty traumatic experience for everyone in the family.

Tonight, we had to make a trip back to the ER just because the swelling had spread, so the doctor just wanted to recheck it. He really thinks it looks like it is healing normally.

Tonight I feel blessed that Brittany is ok. I was reminded that we don't know what tomorrow may bring! This thanksgiving I have lots to be thankful for. Please pray that she will continue to heal both physically and emotionally.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

SOOO glad she is okay. Love you Christy and Britt!

Jill said...

I'm so glad she is okay. A blessing in this may be that she will be all the more careful as a driver now. Also, it reminds you how thankful you are to have her. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

Kristie said...

Thankful with you that she's ok!! I'll be praying for you all. I know first hand that accidents can be a haunting experience, even w/o serious injury.

The Three Of Us said...

Oh my..I'm so glad she's safe...I know your heart must of been racing...I can only imagine...Love You! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Melissa said...

This has been so difficult, I can't imagine how I would feel. God is good! So many details worked out so wonderfully, I am so grateful to the Lord for that! I know you all are rejoicing so much this Thanksgiving! We love all of you!

Angie said...

Much thanks to the Lord for Britt and her protection. Much love to you all...my sweet friends.

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast