Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Reason?


It has been a mentally draining week. I feel so fortunate and blessed that God protected Britt from serious harm in her car accident, but as I have watched her cry throughout each day I have to admit I have questioned God. The wreck has definitely hurt her both physically and emotionally. I believe God is in control of everything, and I often try to get to the bottom of why He allows things to happen. Honestly, I know that we can't always figure it out, but I have already gained some insight of how this has possibly changed our family.

Britt told me tonight that she is already looking at situations differently. I think sometimes you have to experience something traumatic to see how precious life is and what is truly important. I tend to get overly excited about things pretty easily, but after the accident, I am realizing that some things really don't matter!! I mean who really cares if I am running a few minutes late? who really cares if my house is a little messy? Does it really matter if I occasionally put the kids to bed without brushing their teeth? (ok I know that does matter a little) There are just some things that aren't really that important in life anymore......but what is truly important to me are the people I love the most, and I am so grateful that they are safely tucked in their beds tonight!

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

it really does change things doesn't it? thank you for putting into words your feelings, it makes me re-evaluate my judgement of people, things, and events around me too!

AshleyMK said...

I just wanted you to know that I love you all very much.I am am so blessed to have a sister like you in my life.Call me if you need to talk.

Angie said...

You are so right about perspective. Like Melissa said, it has made me re-evaluate things in my own life and priorites and things. I believe God uses these things to help us get focused on Him and our other relationships. You did put your feelings into words well and I can really relate! Love all of you much!

The Three Of Us said...

That is so true...You said it all!Getting to that realization...is very hard...and has taken me years!!!and still going...I've had it explained to me this way...What do you want on your grave stone or to be remembered for?? "Christy kept the cleanest house of all time..." Of course not...was my answer .....I'm sure its yours too.....see what I mean??? We are perfectionist wanna be's... however...nobody is perfect... except God...so we trust Him when we are making our hard choices, with our worries, tradgity and heartbreaks......and to watch over and gaurd our children from harm...as He did Britt...
I miss you! Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast