Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Urgent.....I need help!!


Did I get your attention? Maybe not urgent, but very important!
I am in need of some good "sweet sixteen" birthday party ideas and quick!!! Brittany's 16th birthday is quickly approaching (November 12) and I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what to do. I can't believe she is almost 16...makes me want to cry! We don't have tons of money to spend, but I want it to be super special for her. She had mentioned wanting to have a party and dj. I thought about renting a building in the area and trying to find an inexpensive dj. If you are reading this and have some dj experience (even amateur)or if you have a good idea of a place to rent to have a party please let me know! I also have thought about having a scavenger hunt. I just don't know...what do you think? What kind of theme would be really easy and fun? I would love to hear any ideas you have. I am getting desperate!!

7 comments:

Jill said...

Do they have a fellowship hall at your church where you could have it?

MADDIE said...

Jill....I will have to check into that. For some reason, I am thinking dancing/music isn't allowed, so that wouldn't work if we did had the dj. I think I remember someone having their wedding reception at another place rather than the church because of music/dancing.....I am not sure why that would be a rule. Any FBC members out there that know if this is a policy or I am just imaging it?????

MADDIE said...

Jill....I forgot to say thank you for the suggestion. Any other ideas you have please send them to me...I know you are so creative!

The Three Of Us said...

It's so hard to plan for a teenager...but once you find a place...here r some ideas.....
Hawaiian lu--check out www.kipptoys.com----look under closeout all the Hawaiian stuff is on sale right now.....
Oriental----order the food and the restaurant usually gives you all the other stuff free...chopsticks...fortune cookies..containers..ect..

Melissa said...

Umm....there's always Cici's....j/k... I don't know. My Mom gave me a surprise party right in our house. It was so wonderful and fun just to be at home, but unlike ya'll we didn't have people over very often so that is what made it so special. I'll be pondering and we'll chat in secret so Britt will never know...hee, hee, hee!

SUZANNE said...

Hey Christy. You could rent the civic auditorium in LaVergne. I don't remember how much, but I don't think it is very expensive. It would be convenient for you. Wow! You have a 16 year old. :)

Jeanne said...

Hey girl,
I did a fun scavenger hunt for Olivia at the mall. It was such a hit with her AND her friends, it was the only b-day party theme she wanted a 2nd year. I think we did the first at 13 and the 2nd at 16....it was a ton of fun.

Call me when you get a chance and I'll talk you through the details if you want. Too long to put on here. 473-8145

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast