Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trick or Treat

One of our favorite holidays is Halloween! The kids are so excited to go trick or treating. This year Maddie is a "punk pirate". She has the attitude in the picture to go along with her costume. I had to steer her away from the "jail bird" costume, and we settled on the "punk pirate". Not my first choice....I was going for the sweet renaissance dresses, but she wasn't having it!
Radlee wanted a ninja costume, but Party City was out of his size of just about everything. We went to Target and Rad was so excited when he saw this "human torch" from Fantastic Four costume. Again.....not my first choice, but it is quite a unique costume. I really know nothing about who the "human torch" is, and neither does Radlee, but I guess we will just go with it! It seems like a short time we were trick or treating with only Brittany. One of our favorite costumes was Baby Bop, not necessarily because we were Barney fans....gosh that show drove me crazy, but Britt looked so cute in that costume. I will have to post a picture later. It makes me sad that she is too big for that now!

My point is..... Some of our most cherished memories are or our Halloween celebrations, including trick or treating and our annual hot dog and chili dinner! I know many other christians have debated wether or not Halloween is "evil", including myself, but I have realized in most situations it is your motive behind what you are doing. For us it has nothing to do with "evil", it is just good ole fun dressing up and loving on our friends and family!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I agree sista.....cute costumes :0)

Angie said...

They are so cute...I love Maddie's attitude! I haven't seen Rad's costume before either...he'll be original! His hair looks like my head feels when I'm flustered...
Maybe I should get that costume???

The Three Of Us said...

Maddie looks just like you...I still can't believe you have a little boy...alright...I'm going to have get down there soon...thinking Spring...well see..Lova Ya!

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast