Monday, October 13, 2008

Tuesday's Tribute on Monday!




Me and Angie in 1992




Angie holding Brittany

Today, I want to say thank you to one of the sweetest, most beautiful girls you would ever meet. She has been one of my best friends for a very long time. It all started in Mrs. Elliot's English class. (side note....I loved Mrs. Elliot...she began her struggle with breast cancer while she was our teacher and later passed on) I believe we were juniors in high school...gosh I am getting so old I can't even remember what year it was. Ang was the first person to know I was pregnant (even before Jeff) with Brittany and was with me when I found out. She was one of the only people there when I got married....(I was only 17) She is the kind of person that you could call at 2 a.m. with a problem and she would be there in a minute!!! As a matter of fact, there have been many very late nights I have called her on the way to the emergency room with one of my kids sick, and she would be there within a few minutes! When Radlee took his ride to the emergency room after his allergic reaction to nuts, she was there right away. When I miscarried and had to have surgery, she was there. I could go on and on about how she is the kind of friend we all want to have and the kind of friend we all want to be!

Our friendship has survived so many good times and bad times in our lives. I have been blessed to watch her grow as a christian, wife, and mother. I have some of the funniest memories of our times spent together (especially goats at Opryland)!! I can't imagine the past 18 years of my life without Angie! Ang, I love you!!

9 comments:

Angie said...

Wow Christy, I am TRULY honored by such a sweet blog. I am in tears thinking back to those MANY years we have been friends and all the memories that go with those years! (I am also a bit tearful to see how small I was back then...(ha). THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for such a sweet tribute, this has blessed my heart like I can't even describe! YOU are very special! I am so thankful to call you FRIEND....forever.

Angie said...

Oh, and I love you.....and I have never been able to look at goats the same since that night...........................................

Melissa said...

I love both of you with all of my heart. I would not be who I am today without you two!! I LOVE the pictures and the SONG....awesome blog!!

Melissa said...

I don't remember the goat story...I wonder if we'll ever have goats for ya'll to make new memories with.....nah!

Jill said...

I had no idea y'all had known each other so long. What a sweet tribute, to a sweet person!

Diana said...

Christy,

Wow, what a beautiful idea. honor people who have imprinted your life with a piece of theselves.
what a simple way to make someone know how special they are to you.

Tiffany said...

L.O.V.E. the hair! OMGoooooodness! I had hair like that too. heeheeheehee.

What a sweet post!! She sounds like the bestest of friends.

MADDIE said...

Tiff.....Yeah that was not only the big hair look, but the big hair/permed look!!! ewwwwww

The Three Of Us said...

Beautiful "tears in my eyes" post.....what would we all do without our friends?
And the hair? No comment. Remember when we would just get the "back" of our hair permed? OMG...I think that was just me who did that!

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast