Thursday, October 30, 2008

Never a "dull" moment!



This morning, I am getting ready as usual...running late as usual. The girls have already left for school, and I am doing last minute things to get Radlee ready for school. I get ready to take the "naughty" poodles out one last time, and of course Radlee runs over to go outside with me. I tell him to get back in the house because it is freezing outside, as I stand there with bare feet and wet hair!! :) Surprisingly, he minds me and goes back in. I am out there for an extended period, because as usual the neighbors are also are taking out their dog at the same time, which puts Sonny and Cher into a frenzy. The begin barking and trying to escape from my not so strong grip this early in the morning. One of the leashes slips out of my hand, and the naughty girl takes off. She is running with her pink leash dragging behind her. So, I capture the dogs and get them back in the house before I curse them out!!! just kidding...sort of. (This has happened on many occasions and once smacked the neighbor's dog in the head with her leash and once even wrapped around my neighbor's legs....he is an older gentleman!!! How embarrassing)
I walk in the kitchen to see if Rad has finished his breakfast only to find him playing with my set of knives similar to the set in this picture. He is taking them in and out of the box, like they are a puzzle. Thank you Jesus for keeping Radlee safe while he was removing this box of knives off the counter and using them as a toy. I think next time I will just let him stay outside with me and freeze. Just a typical morning in the Smith family. Never a "dull" moment! Is it too early for a glass of Pinot? I am sure it is 5:00 somewhere! That was a joke......

3 comments:

Jill said...

I can relate. Our next-door neighbors have 2 dogs, and Nash always goes crazy when they're out. It is very frustrating when I'm in a hurry, and all he wants to do is lunge at them and not what I need him to do!

Melissa said...

I love your crazy house, it makes mine seem a little more normal :0)

AshleyMK said...

Next time just let that dog run away you will be better off... just kidding:)

Newberry Bed&Breakfast

Newberry Bed&Breakfast